Wednesday, August 25, 2010

When we went to Glacier Park

Back in July, Robbie, the girls and I decided to take a little trip. Natalie wanted to visit Glacier National Park while she was staying up here in MT for the summer. Even though I warned there could be bears and cougars, she was still very eager to go. So, off we went!!!

We had to get up somewhat early that morning. When Natalie and Kira woke up, they didn't have a clue as to where we were going since we decided to make it a surprise. Once they realized where we were going, they cooperated with getting ready for our little trip. Yay for surprises!
















You'll have to excuse the quality of the pictures, as these were taken with my trusty cell phone. My camera decided to die on me, but at least my phone was better than nothing!

It was absolutely beautiful up at the park. Lake MacDonald was HUGE, and the water was unbelievably clear. I've never seen water that clear in my life. We saw so many snow cover mountains, and waterfalls. In fact, there is a type of waterfall that was just AMAZING. It was called the Weeping Wall. Its just nothing but water just gushing out of the side of a mountain wall. When we drove past it, Natalie and I stuck out our arms, and we got soaked from the water! It sure was a good way to cool down though!

Sadly, we didn't see any bears or cougars. I was very happy about that, but Natalie, not so much. We did see some deer and mountain goats, which the girls liked very much. One deer was right on the road, and it was very close to these two men trying to take its picture.

All in all, it was a great trip. We were all in awe at just how beautiful Glacier Park was. This is something I hope that we will be able to do again!

No comments:

Post a Comment