Thursday, September 30, 2010

Can I win the battle of the bulge? I think so.

Once upon a time, before I had children, I used to weigh 130 lbs. It was a good thing at the time. I would often get asked though if I was starving myself or anorexic. I could eat a whole pizza plus some ice cream, and not gain one single pound. It was amazing! I totally loved it. I could wear whatever I wanted, and I looked pretty damn good! Then, came kids.

After my first pregnancy, I lost pretty much all of the weight. I was about 140 lbs. I finally had some curves! No more looking like a stick figure. I liked that a lot. I was able to maintain my weight, and could still eat a lot of whatever I wanted. About 4 years later, I became pregnant again. Now this pregnancy, I gained A LOT. Like 100 lbs too much. I couldn't believe it. Granted, I did have a big baby, but it was just outrageous. How in the world did I manage that? Maybe it was all the ice cream I craved. It took a very long time to lose at least half of what I had gained. I got down to about 170 lbs, and about 9 months later, bam, pregnant again! Now that time, I was careful to watch my weight. I didn't want to literally be as big as a house. I only went up to 215 lbs. Not bad. I was able to lose all of the weight again. I was thinking, now if only I could lose some more.... but then I got a little lazy. I didn't really think about it, as I had way to much going on at the time. About 3 years later (2009) I became pregnant again. Gained about the same weight as the previous time. I lost almost all of it.... and then I started to gain it back. This was a problem.

So, I am going to do something about this problem. I was jogging for a while, but since it started getting all rainy, I very well couldn't go jogging since I had Nico with me. Thank God for the Wii and the Wii Fit! We have had the Wii Fit for a while now, and I do like it. There are many different kind of exercises. They even have fun activities for kids to do, which is a huge plus. Also, we have Netflix on the Wii, and they have little work-out videos. Now that, I really love. So far, I've started on the beginners work-outs, since I'm greatly out of shape. Since last week, I've lost 1.4 lbs. Not too bad at all if I do say so myself.

So I'm dedicated. I'm determined. I know I can do this. I'm not happy with how my body looks. Having kids has changed a lot of how my body looks, and I'm okay with that. My body isn't perfect, but its real. I just want to be in shape again. I've got my old jeans waiting for me, and I will wear them again! I know its going to take some time. This weight loss isn't as much for me as it is for my girls. I want to show that I do take care of myself and that I do matter. I've put myself on the back burner for way to long. Now its my turn to get back to being a better me. I've got lots of time.

My goal is to hopefully have lost at least 5 lbs by the end of October. I know that doesn't seem like a big goal, but its within reach for me. I only have about 4 more lbs to go, and I can do it! I will indeed win the battle of the bulge.

1 comment:

  1. Thats a great goal Christina. I just wanna get back to wonderland is my first goal.My doctor says wants me there by Feb 2011 and I have to go for weight checks every 8 weeks to make sure I get there.

    ReplyDelete