Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Such a clumsy girl I am.

Yesterday, I was cooking a yummy, wonderful dinner for my little family. I was so excited about dinner, as I knew that it would be a big hit. When is chicken parmasean not a big hit? I put the chicken back into the oven after sprinkling some cheese on it, and then, BAM! I burned my hand. I wasn't even paying close enough attention to where my hand even was. I burnt it right on the heating element. And it hurt! The burn on the top of my hand has now turned into a red circle about the size of a dime. Nice!
Since I got burned, I have started thinking about how I got myself into this mess. I then I started thinking about the past messes I have gotten myself into. The whole reason this all happens to me comes down to one thing: being a clumsy girl.
My whole life, I have been the most clumsiest girl. I have done it all. I've fallen down stairs. I've fallen up the stairs (which is hard to do, believe me). I've stepped on an unseen rake and smacked myself in the head. I've ran into poles. I've fallen down hills. I've cut myself with a butter knife. I've tripped over my own feet. And lastly, which I still don't know how this happened, I injured myself with a sippy cup. Yes, you heard me right, a SIPPY CUP. I got a sore nose and a black eye out of the deal. Go ahead, laugh, you know you want to.... because its pretty damn funny!
I would of thought I would of outgrown my "clumsy" eventually, but its still there, hanging onto me as much as it can. I've learned to accept it. Its a part of my life. I still wish it would go away. Alas, it will not, no matter how much I wish.
It's amazing how this one little burn on my hand got me to thinking about just how clumsy I am. This is completely random, but I just hard to share my, well, experiences with such a thing. Feels good to get that all out there. Much, much better.

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty funny...and I was laughing before you said it was ok to...oops ;)

    ReplyDelete