Tuesday, March 29, 2011

60 Day Photo Challenge.... Day 21


Today's challenge is to post a photo of something you wish you could forget. I wish I could forget Sherry (my real mom) leaving my brother and I when we were little. It hurt growing up. Even though I am now 27 years old, I still think of how much I wish I could forget all of the things that she had ever done to me. I forgive her, but I will never forget. She is the reason I am a good mom. I could never hurt my girls like that. So, I suppose it is good to remember her for that.

3 comments:

  1. Booo I never knew that. I am estranged from both of my parents now. My dad was an alcoholic turned drug addict when I was 14? After being in prison for 10 years I gave him the ultimatum(sp?) to either be a part of my life or not to(I was not going to let him be in and out of my sons life like he was mine)..he chose not too I guess and that was that. Then after my grandma died in 2006 I really realized how ungrateful/selfish my mom had been all these years(I was basically raised by my grandparents)in regards to my grandparents. She always had her hand out for the "gimmies" and they always gave her but when my grandma died she didnt give one penny towards funeral costs. She's never been a part of the kids life either so I had to make the decision to also not have her in my day to day life although we do talk occasionally. And like you I am a great mom because of the crappy things my parents did to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too, my BalletGirl! :)

    Yvette, I didn't know that about your parents. I will never understand how some people can be that way. They just don't realize what they have until it is gone. I'm not really close to my Dad either... but that is another story, it could be a novel really LOL I think that you did the right thing! Your boys are lucky to have you as their mom!

    ReplyDelete