Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Being a divorced mom is hard.

Last week, I had my girls, Natalie and Kira up to visit. It was their spring break. I was worried it wouldn't feel like Spring, as there is still snow over here in Montana. Regardless of the snow and the amounts of rain, we had such a good time. The week went by too fast for my taste. When it was time to send them back to their Dad, Natalie (my oldest) took it hard. Kira was excited to see her Dad though. The whole drive there, I felt so terrible.

Its been about two years since the divorce. It was something that I wanted, and I'm glad that I did it. The only thing I would change is how hard its been on my girls. Since I live in Montana, and they live in Oregon about 6.5 hours away, it makes it even harder. The girls live with their Dad at the moment, so during breaks, I am able to have them come down. I love every single minute of it! I always wish it would last longer. Each time I have to send them back though, it breaks my heart just a little more.

The girls have been gone for 2 days now. Kira wanted to call and talk to me. She's missing Mommy today. How I wish there was something I could do to be able to see her right now. I look on the bright side though. I will be seeing them again next week, as Natalie has a dance in hip-hop coming up. I'll be down in Oregon for a couple of days, and I'm so excited!

I know that any parent who is divorced knows how hard it is on the child(ren). As long as they all know how much we love and adore them, that is what matters. Nothing can ever change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment