Monday, March 7, 2011

The battle of the bulge continues on.....

So, way back in December of last year, I said that I would use the Wii Fit and see how it helps me lose weight. That lasted about a week or so. I got so caught up in the holidays that I didn't even think about it.
Then New Year's rolls around. I decided to not just make a resolution, but a promise to myself. I will lose this weight. I'm doing this for me. I don't feel like me. I want to have myself back!
In the past month or so, I've been working really hard on losing weight. When I first started this, I weighed in at 195 lbs. Not something that I'm very proud of. I've been told I don't look that size, but indeed I am. The things I've decided to do are to not drink soda. To not eat such big portions at meal times. To get my booty moving!
So far, I've lost 3.5 lbs. Its not a huge loss, but its a start. I will take that. The weather outside is starting to improve over here in the great state of Montana. I'm going to take advantage of this while I can. I'm going to start with walks. I'll work my way up to jogging. I'm still going to do all of my other ab and booty workouts. My goal for now is to lose 5 lbs. I'm over half way there. I know I must make small and realistic goals. So far, so good. I know that I can do this!

2 comments:

  1. I get that same u dont look like u weigh THAT much but the fact is we do :( I have still not been drinking soda, not because I dont want it cause at times I do I REALLY do and occasionally I DO, BUT my stomach wont let me anymore :(. Me and my husband have been walking the track 6-7 days a week and honestly if it were not for him I dont know how many of those days I wouldve made it but so far I have lost 20 lbs since we started working out on Jan 5th so thats my motivator right now. Although tomorrow its supposed to be cold and windy so we'll see what happens in the morning. And I hear you on the 5 lbs thing I stalled on my weight loss last month for 9 days but when I look at the overall picture since Jan 5th the number looks good;)...u can do it Christina we didnt get this weight overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to lose the weight! Before, I was really struggling, but I feel like I've come pretty far now. I knew it wouldn't be easy, but I just wish that I could do better. I'm working on it. That is so awesome your hubby has been such a great motivation for you! You are doing a great job Yvette. :)

    ReplyDelete