Friday, March 11, 2011

When babies start growing up.....

Yesterday, I had a bittersweet moment with Nico. I was cleaning up the bedroom, and she was playing in her playpen. She started to fuss a little, so I picked her up. I always ask her to give Mommy a kiss, but she usually just giggle and turns her face away. When I asked her, she actually did it for the first time! I was so happy, I started tearing up.
I have noticed that all of my babies are growing up. All of my girls are doing so many different and amazing things. It makes me happy and sad at the same time. Since Nico is my last baby, all of her firsts are making me sad. I just want her to stay little for a little longer, but I know that each and every day, she is becoming more like a toddler than a baby.
It may be sad that my baby is growing up, but I'll enjoy all of her firsts that she has along the way. I know that there are many more to come! The best first of all is when your child says "I love you" for the first time. I'm looking forward to that. :)

3 comments:

  1. oh i didnt know Nico was gonna be your last baby...did u get your tubes tied?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mommy!!! She kissed you for the first time!! When I come up there maybe she will give me a kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvette, I haven't gotten my tubes tied yet. I've got the IUD for now, and its working great.

    Nat, she just might give you a kiss!!! I hope that she will! :)

    ReplyDelete